1) What is Sports Fee Recovery & Reimbursement Insurance and what does it cover?
Sports Fee Recovery & Reimbursement Insurance offers families the opportunity to protect the significant investment they’ve made in select sports programs. It refunds parents’ fees paid upfront or it takes over the remaining fees to the sports club if they’ve chosen an installment plan. We offer three different levels of coverage ranging from season ending injuries to full comprehensive coverage that protects against injury, unexpected job relocation, player/coach mismatch, and even negative experiences.
2) How is this different from my general liability insurance?
General liability insurance protects the club/facility owner against liability claims for bodily injury, and property damage arising out of premises, operations, products, and completed operations; and advertising and personal injury liability. General liability insurance does not cover any uncollected fees or offer reimbursement for player fees paid to a sports club or facility.
3) How is this different than the parent’s health insurance?
Health insurance is a type of insurance coverage that pays for medical and surgical expenses incurred by the insured. Health insurance can reimburse the insured for expenses incurred from illness or injury, or pay the care provider directly. Health insurance does not cover any uncollected fees or offer reimbursement for player fees paid to a sports club or facility.
4) How is this different than other supplemental insurance products like Aflac?
Supplemental insurance is extra or additional insurance that you can purchase to help you pay for services and out-of-pocket expenses that your regular insurance does not cover. Some supplemental insurance plans will pay for out-of-pocket medical expenses, such as deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance. Supplemental insurance does not cover any uncollected fees or offer reimbursement for fees paid to a sports club or facility.
5) Aren’t the sports fees covered under the sports club/facility owner’s general liability insurance policy?
No. General liability insurance protects the club/facility owner against liability claims for bodily injury, and property damage arising out of premises, operations, products and completed operations, advertising, and personal injury liability. General liability insurance does not cover any uncollected fees or offer reimbursement for player fees paid to a sports club or facility.
7) How much will it cost my club/facility to offer Sports Fee Recovery & Reimbursement Insurance?
Nothing, there is no cost to the club/facility owner. There are no set-up fees, ongoing costs, commissions or any other investment required from the sports club or facility owner.
8) Who is covered under the policy?
When the unexpected occurs and prohibits the athlete from finishing the season, the policy covers both the parents and the club/facility owner. It reimburses parents if they pay the sports fee to the club/facility in full at the start of the season. And the policy pays the club/facility uncollected fees from the parents/guardians when they choose to pay the sports fee in installments throughout the season.
9) When will my insurance coverage go into effect?
Coverage is effective on the latter of either the start date of the season or when the full premium is received by USSCI. The full premium must be received before coverage begins.
10) How long does the insurance coverage last?
Coverage for each athlete lasts for the duration of the sports season as defined in the sports contract provided by each sports club/facility owner. This term is also listed on each insured athlete’s Certificate of Coverage.
11) Are plans available to cover the entire calendar year?
Yes, if the sports season offered by the club/facility is for the duration of one year.
12) Does the policy automatically renew each year?
No. This policy will cover the insured athletes club fees for each sports season up to one year. Insurance will need to be repurchased before the next season begins.
13) Do we have to name every athlete covered under the policy?
Yes. There will be a Certificate of Coverage for each insured athlete. The club/facility owner will provide a list of all committed and insured athletes at the beginning of the season to US Sports Club Insurance. USSCI will then issue an individual Certificate of Coverage for each insured athlete.
14) Do athletes have to get a physical to get coverage?
No, there is no medical examination required. Policies are written with your athletes in mind making sure all kids are eligible for coverage. There is no medical examination or pre-screening required.
15) Does the club/facility owner need to send USSCI a schedule for all their games each season?
No, that is not necessary. Our intention is to make sure the process is as simple as possible, so the club/facility owner can focus on developing the athletes and growing a successful organization.
16) What do club owners or facility owners need to do to offer Sports Fee Recovery & Reimbursement Insurance through their group?
Simply contact us
. Our application and implementation process make it simple and easy to offer the peace of mind of Sports Fee Recovery & Reimbursement Insurance to your athlete’s parents/guardians.
17) Don’t other providers offer Sports Fee Recovery & Reimbursement Insurance?
Believe it or not, no! While there are other insurance providers that offer tuition reimbursement insurance for college and/or private schools and there are other insurance providers that offer insurance to sports clubs and facility owners for general liability, there are none that offer Sports Fee Recovery & Reimbursement Insurance.
18) What types of sports clubs or facilities are covered?
Sports Fee Recovery & Reimbursement Insurance is available to any sports club or facility that offers select team sports programs for a set fee. Typical select team sports programs include but are not limited to baseball, softball, soccer, basketball, volleyball, lacrosse, hockey and all-star cheerleading.
19) Do I have to have a sports facility to offer Sports Fee Recovery & Reimbursement Insurance?
No. In fact, many select sports teams across the country are owned by individuals that don’t have a brick and mortar location. We will provide Sports Fee Recovery & Reimbursement Insurance to any select sports club or organization regardless if they have facility.
20) Is the coverage available to foreign exchange student athletes studying in the US?
Yes. Athletes who are lawfully present and residing in the US who pay sports fees to a participating sports club/facility can insure their club sports fee with us.
21) Do families who purchase the policy for more than one athlete get a discount?
No. There are no discounts to insure multiple athletes within one family.
22) How is the policy limit determined?
USSCI does all the work, we have a simple process to determine the limit for each policy. The limit can be up to 100% of the sports fee paid to the sports club/facility.
23) How do you determine how much can be recovered by the club/facility owner or reimbursed to the parent/guardian in the event of a claim?
The portion of fees that are recoverable to the club/facility owner or reimbursable to the parent/guardian is based on the covered term listed on the individual Certificate of Coverage, the date the athlete withdraws from the team and cannot finish the season, and the end of the season as defined on the individual Certificate of Coverage.
25) Who in my organization can benefit from learning more about US Sports Club Insurance?
Owners, Directors, Operations Managers, CFOs, Coaches, Parents and Athletes are among the people who will find the story behind US Sports Club Insurance valuable and necessary.
26) How do I apply for coverage?
Regardless if you’re a parent or a sports club owner, insuring the fees you’ve either paid or are expecting to receive against the unexpected is important. If you’re interested to learn more, simply contact us
. One of our representatives can talk to you about the advantages of Sports Fee and Recovery Insurance in one conversation. We will then send you a short application to initiate the process. We will also provide all the materials necessary to inform and educate your community at no cost to you. We are insurance veterans with expertise in select sports and we know fees, length of season, number of players, etc. is different for each organization and often among different teams within the same organization. We take the guess work out and do all the heavy lifting to make it easy to incorporate Sports Fee Recovery and Reimbursement Insurance into your program!